Monday, May 25, 2009

Boer war







Well, after much dithering on new periods I am finally off and running on a new period. I have wanted to do a colonial period for a long time and have just been trying to figure out which period to do. The Boer war has been on my short list for a while and with the old glory deal and the army painter it seems like the time.

This period has a lot to appeal to the gamer. British, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and South African units. lots of mounted units, armoured trains and an opponent that is just as good if not better than the British. I am planning on using the sword and the flame rules. units will be roughly 20 figure infantry units and 10 figure Cavalry units.

The first unit finished is a unit of early war British infantry unit. I used the army painted system which made painted a ton easier. I did have a few incidents though. first was afer dipping the figures in the pot you need to shake off the excess. for 17 of them that was not a problem the 18th however was dropped in the dirt with this sticky syrrup like substance on them. I fixed it but it is still somewhat noticable.
One of the pictures, one shows a predip group just painted with one layer of midtone paints and the other 2 are fully done after beiing dulcoted.

2 comments:

The 25mm Warrior said...

man those look nice... tell me what army to get and we'll do that one too:)

Chris Herschel said...

That dip system is amazing. Congrats on the figs, they look great... you cheater ;)