Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rhodesia Regt Trackers








I have been wondering how best to use these figures. They are part of the Liberation mini's Rhodesian Range Beret and bareheaded pack.


As I understand it the Rhodesian Army followed conventional grooming standards for most units. Therefore men with full beards are out.


The one prominent exception to this rule is the Selous Scouts. However, most of the pictures I have seen with scouts in this uniform are in training excersises.

Reading the new history of the RLI I saw a reference to a unit from the 4th bn of the Rhodesia Regt tracker unit and noted that they all had beards! I found my unit. The trackers were the elite of the RR battalions.



1 comment:

Jason said...

Great work Dave, my favourite is the kneeling tracker, his expression and messy hair really work. The AC's ollk terrific. Jason