Saturday, April 10, 2010

In praise of Old Glory
















I have seen a lot of postings on sites bashing old Glory by people that do not like them . First, I have to say to a large degree figure beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyone remember the old mikes models? They where definitely in the eye of the beholder. and if you don't like OG ,then you don't. However, I have to say I am generaly impressed with what I order. The Boer war line I felt was solid. Thier 1812 range I loved. Here are some napoleonic French pre 1807. When I first got these I was not really impressed with them and they sat on a shelf for the last several months. I finally pulled them out and am glad I did. they really painted up well and have a lot of character. I really love the NCO with the pipe in his hat and the bareheaded guy showing his war face ...ahhh. and in a day and age when 28mm guys are $1.90 to 2.30 apiece these are less then $1.00 apiece.










My long suffering wife ordered a small saxon army for me for my birthday. I have long wanted to do an 1806 campaign. so here are the first.

No comments: